Green Revolution at Deep Desert Israel!
Throughout our years of activity, we have been thrilled to connect travelers from all over the world to the wonderful nature we know and love so much. Deep Desert Israel has always been a home to guides whose love for nature and the desert flows through their veins. This year, we are taking our love of nature one step further, joining the global call for environmental awareness and environmental protection. Protection of our future…
So what does all of this mean?
It means that now it’s official. We announced 2020 as the year of green revolution at Deep Desert Israel. We finally realized that it’s time to take full responsibility over our actions (and their results), before there’s no time left… at all levels – privately, publicly and corporately. Being an inspirational outdoors adventure company we know well how important a balanced ecosystem is. And how fragile it is. We see it all around us, every day, on every tour. And yet, we admit that so far we haven’t done a lot. We haven’t done enough. But it still isn’t too late. Today we commit to do as much as we can to go-green and become the first environmental friendly adventure company in Mitzpe Ramon and maybe in Israel altogether!
How will we achieve this??
As of January 1st 2020 we created a new position in our company: an environmental change leader, which will be positioned by Lior Oren – a resident of Mitzpe Ramon and an environment admirer from birth. Lior will be in charge of studying and implementing whatever is possible to help Deep Desert Israel minimize its ecological footprint.
We welcome you to follow us on this exciting new journey we embarked on.
Our main green goals for 2020 are:
- Absolutely avoiding the use of non-sustainable disposable products
- Strengthening collaborations with local suppliers and businesses
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions as much as possible throughout our activities
- Educating our team about the ecological challenges of our time in the context of global warming
- Implementing environmental content in our activities in-order to raise ecological awareness among our clients
- Promoting, collaborating with and supporting eco-friendly initiatives
We hope to be the flagship of environmental awareness in our field and to see more tourism companies in our region and in Israel in general go green!
Small acts can make a big difference! We’ve put together eight simple steps you can take today to make your lifestyle more sustainable and more environmentally friendly
These changes will not only benefit the environment – they are also healthier, more satisfying and supportive of the local economy (and even your bank account!)
- Go shopping with bags from home and try to buy bulk products or in family packages. This will help reduce wrapping and plastic production.
- See if and when can you switch driving to walking or cycling. Physical activity will benefit both your health and spirit.
- Reduce usage of disposable products on special occasions (for example birthday parties), and when you go out for a picnic – bring reusable dishes and cutlery from home.
- Don’t hurry to throw stuff away – check if you can find a way to reuse things that you would normally dispose of. If you can’t – at least make sure to recycle when possible.
- Save electricity – In the summer, prefer to hang the laundry outside rather than dry it in the dryer, try to open a window instead of turning on the A.C. and before you buy a new electrical product – check its consumption level and prefer economical products.
- Buy smart – your money is your power. Try to buy local products, be it food, clothing or anything else. Prefer to buy second-hand products, and before you buy a new product, ask yourself if you really need it…
- Save water! Water your garden in the evening (if possible – with reused water from the shower or sink), close the tap while scrubbing dishes, or brushing your teeth, and reduce your shower time.
- Raise environmental awareness in your workplace. Eliminate the use of disposable cups and introduce recycling bins. This it-self will start to drive an important change!